Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Real science vs. fake science in advertising

Just a quick one here - already tweeted about this but I know some people out there do not use the twitter. There is a great article in BlogHer from Emily Willingham on Science vs. "Fake" Science in Ads: How Do We Tell Real Science from Fake Science in Ads? | BlogHer

It goes through many ways to do a sniff test on scientific claims that seem off. I have blogged many times here about how fake science in ads and the media drives me crazy (e.g., see my overselling the micro biome awards)) and have thought about some of the items on Emily's list here but not all of them. And it is very helpful to see them all together. This is one article worth sending around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...